News!

This blog is in hiatus... but restarting very soon!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Drumming along...

This post about the band...

Well, finally I bought a set of cymbals the last month. After going with the whole band to test the sound, I chose a set of Zildjian ZHT Rock cymbals; the Sabian's Xs20 cymbals weren't as good as I thought. And I had the chance to test them live in a play we had, and they sounded quite good! A little too bright for my taste but well all along. The bad part is I tried to get an extra 18" crash last week, but the sellers in this country are definitely s***... not worth commenting anymore on this. At left you can see the new config for the drumset.

The live play went ok, but I had to let the other bands use my drumset, so you can imagine what happened to the drumheads... good time to change them an get some new Remo Ebony Pinstripe black drumheads for the toms and a clear Remo Pinstripe for the snare. They're quite cool! Very strong hydraulics and didn't need muffling at all... except for the snare, but being a metal snare, well... I had to use a quite large muffler :P. But hey, now the set sounds very nice! In time I'll be upgrading the drumkit as been happening 'til now. Check the image at left to see the new heads.

But enough of drums! L.D. also contacted a new guitar player, Jorge, who alse played with us in the live. He's a little busy with school so he hasn't been practicing much with us, but he's good with the instrument and hasn't had any trouble following us. And about the singers, well, until now both have good performances. The live play (a birthday party for Jhoely) was overall good and I hope there will be more performances alongside my partners whom, I must say, are quite good musicians. Keep it real guys!

The Band, current lineup. From left to right: Jorge (Rythm Guitar), L.D. (Tenor Singer), R2 (Main Guitar), Gato (Baritone Singer), Oso (Bass), Pepe (Drums).

No comments: